Saturday, December 29, 2012

What goes up once Christmas comes down???

Well I was not sure this year.   
Yesterday Christmas came down and the house was BARE!
I lived with it for less than 24 hours 
and this morning I lay in bed thinking of what to make. 
Then it hit me. 
Use my new toy and make something new.
This is what I made. 
I use my new shearers to cut out stars out of old rusty tin in the barn. 
I used 2 types of tin.
I free-handed some stars on the back using a dry erase marker. 
Then cut away! 
It took a little to get use to using the new tool but once I did I was hooked! 
It’s pretty quick since I’m not going for a perfect look.  
 I don’t mind the over-cuts and imperfections. 
I want to take some of the better looking stars out and shoot some holes in them!  :)
And I’m going to get some muriatic acid to experiment with! 
Oh the Possibilities!!!!
I'm sure you will see much more on my blog utilizing my shearer :)

Get your very own personalized wall hanging
using (of course) my new shearer

13 comments:

  1. That looks great! Has a new years feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I wish I were craftier...or had time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What shearers did you get? It is about time I got a new toy!!! Just don't tell Mike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the one I got.it attaches to my DeWalt drill

      http://choresandchandeliers.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-new-toy-and-giveaway.html

      Its fun!!!!!

      Delete
  4. It looks great! My daughter just commented that our house looks so bare now. Time for me to get busy, too! Thanks for the great inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! Happy New Year!!

    XOXO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I still haven't taken all of our Christmas decorations down. BUT I'm already thinking about how I'm going to decorate for Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggle with the problem, "where is all of the room to put up the Christmas decorations at??" we don't have seasonal stuff (yet!), so our only yearly decor is Christmas things and I always have a hard time finding empty spots to put things up

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they look perfect! Great fix for empty spots.
    Happy New Year!
    Saw you sharing at Life on Lakeshore Drive
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the rustic stars. I'm so glad to be your newest follower, you've got a great blog:)

    Hugs,
    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete