Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Suzi Homefaker Style: Egg Casserole

I love to cook.
I don’t cook complicated stuff.
I like to cook simple things with a lot of flavor.
(I also think presentation is a big part of food and the whole experience)
When people come to the house I always offer food,
whether it is a snack or a big meal.
I often joke and say wear stretchy pants when you come visit.
I have been called Suzi Homemaker before but I have decided Suzi Homefaker is a better fit.
In my eyes Suzi Homemaker is making everything from scratch,
whereas Suzi Homefaker takes short cuts as often as possible!
I will randomly post recipes that are Suzi Homefaker Style in my blog.
That just means they are EASY, QUICK, and YUMMY!!!
No fuss in my recipes!
This week I signed up to take an egg dish to my MOPS meeting.
I am not a big fan of egg casseroles!!!
I am pretty picky when it comes to eggs actually.
I usually don’t eat the egg dishes when I go places because I am so picky.
My big issue with egg casserole is that it tends to get mushy.
Sometimes egg casseroles with bread or hash brown can be mushy
so I decided to try using Bisquick mix. SUCCESS!!!


1lb sausage
Seasonings
Shredded cheese
6-8 eggs
2 cups milk
1 ½ cup bisquick

Brown sausage.
Add desired seasonings.
I used salt, pepper, about a 4th package taco seasoning, and some dehydrated jalapenos from our garden.
Spray casserole dish with a non stick spray.
Pour sausage in the bottom of the dish.
Top with shredded cheese.  You can use any kind.
I just used what I had on hand.
If I were to buy cheese specifically for this recipe I would pick a Mexican or taco blend.
Mix up Eggs, Milk, and Bisquick.
Pour over Sausage and cheese.
Now you could bake it
or pop it in the fridge and bake it in the morning (like I did).
Bake at 350 for aprox 30-40 min
I put out a bowl of salsa next to the casserole to serve with it.
I think it is a perfect recipe to keep around for the holiday season.
Let me know if you try this recipe and what you thought of it.





5 comments:

  1. Found you on the Bloggy Mom's blog hop. This looks tasty. I like easy meals with lots of flavor too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this right now. We always eat a cooked breakfast in the morning and I am in a rut for new breakfast ideas. I'm always looking for something yummy but with inexpensive ingredients that will fill us up in the morning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks easy and delicious! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love easy and delish food! What's not to like?! Thanks for linking up. So happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping byh my blog I am so glad youn found it Im loving yours so much Im your newest follower.
    This looks delish and cant wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete