Monday, September 9, 2013

painted baby blanket

My oldest cowgirl was very excited to find out (via facebook) 
that one of her preschool teachers had her grandbaby this weekend.
She asked if she could give a "goodie bag" to her teacher.
I have received one or two of these "goodie bags".
They are filled with whatever she finds around the house.
Not the most practical gifts but I LOVE HER GIVING HEART.
So of course I told her,
"absolutely, but how about I help you pick out the stuff so it is extra special".
This morning when she woke up the first thing she said was, 
"don't forget we need to make a goodie bag".
So before school we headed down to the basement to look through my gift totes.
{When something is on sale I pick it up. If you don't have a stash of gifts you need to start making one!  It is a life saver, and money saver.}
We decided on photo album and a blanket.
The photo album was for her teacher to put pictures of her grandBABIES in.
My cowgirl felt bad for the other granddaughter, 
she wanted to make sure that they BOTH were recognized!
{Awe how sweet!}


Now on to the blanket.....
It was super soft and cuddly and would have been just fine the way it was.  
BUT we decided that we should personalize it.
So we painted it. 
Yep you can paint blankets.  {Heck you can paint anything}
It is so easy.  I just free handed it.
All you need is acrylic paint, a paint brush and water.
Once it is all painted just "paint" over the letters with WATER {not paint}
This will give it a smoother finish and sent the paint into the fabric!
I love how it turned out.  It look less then 15 minutes to make. 
SO MUCH EFFORT GOES INTO PICKING THE PERFECT NAME FOR A BABY!
Who doesn't want to advertise which beautiful name they chose.
And this name is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
**Everleigh**
I LOVE IT!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a darling idea! (love the suggestion to have a gift stash, especially helpful if you live a little far away from the nearest store!) Turned out gorgeous!! Nice job! (On the blanket and teaching your littles to serve others.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are incredibly crafty! I love the name on the blanket. and that it's free hand. I don't think my handwriting is that good :) And how sweet is your daughter to create goodie bags. What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How simple and easy!! Love seeing your creative ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everleigh - what a fabulous name!!

    ReplyDelete