Thursday, February 27, 2014

new life to an old buffet

My mom had an old buffet hidden in a back room I had been eying it for years,  
I never had a place for it but I recently decided to to MAKE ROOM!!!!

My Mom and Dad surprised me and brought it down last weekend.
She is a beauty huh???? 
OK OK she is a bit rough,  a lot of years of wear and tear....
I first took my trusty radial sander and roughed up the finish.  
I then primed it.  I did a quick coat.
I knew I was going to give it a highly distressed finished 
so I was not super concerned with a perfect paint job.
Once I had it all painted I brought out my radial sander again and went to town.
I AM IN LOVE WITH HOW SHE TURNED OUT!!!!!! 

 
quite the change.....

7 comments:

  1. You're pretty handy with a sander!! I love the new look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love redoing old furniture....and I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! My mom also has a buffet I have been eyeing. Now, I am looking around the house as to where to put it. Thanks for linking up to the Country Fair Blog Party! http://talesofakansasfarmmom.blogspot.com/2014/03/country-fair-blog-hop-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy outstanding selection of chandeliers from Crescent Harbor that include mini wrought iron, brass, classic and pendant chandelier lightings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love!!! This is the piece I'm looking for!!!

    ReplyDelete