Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My bathroom


I LOVE TO DECORATE BATHROOMS!
Bathrooms are (usually) small and fairly cheap to decorate.
(I said decorate NOT remodel, remodeling a bathroom is NOT CHEAP!)
A little goes a long way so in a bath!!!
AND it comes together quickly.
I AM NOT PATIENT person…so I really like quick instant gratification projects!
Here is a peek into my bathroom.
(It is not a new project, but it is one of my favorite rooms I the house)


I found this old ladder on top of a shed at my grandparents!
***LOVE***
It is perfect to hold towels.
We had this large boring mirror (across from the vanity) when we moved in. 
I hate it at first but then realized how practical it was. 
It is so handy to have so I left it and tried to “spruce it up”.
It looks better now. 
I really wanted to put a frame around it but the outlet is RIGHT BELOW IT!
The candle holder is just made with 2 pieces of wood screwed together! 
Above the toilet I hung a shelf (that I painted white).
Filled it with some old mason jars, vases, towels, and pictures.
I then attached a towel holder to an old window.
This window is perfect because it has old latches that work perfect for washcloths. 
I hung a rusty metal star (off centered) over the window.
And the bathroom is done for now.
Quick, easy, and cheap.
My next project is to change out the UGLY light fixture….

3 comments:

  1. Fun! I love the window idea. I found about 6 of them in an old garage on our farm a couple months ago, so I might just have to do this!

    Our bathroom will be the last room in the house to re-do. I'm thinking paint, refinishing the vanity, and yes, a new light fixture. Ours looks exactly like yours! It's hideous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your bathroom!! Wanna come re-decorate my house? LOL The old ladder idea is fantastic. We have several laying around the farm in old barns... I just might have to snatch one up and see what I can do!

    xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, love the old window and ladder. You have a nice collection over the jon.
    Have a great day! ginger

    ReplyDelete